Wednesday, January 16, 2008

“Sickening, Disgusting and Repulsive”

That's the headline of The Star Metro’s article on sexual harassment on commuter trains.


“I felt something jabbing into my back and initially thought it was because of the train’s motion. But, each time I inched forward, the jab inched forward with me, and when I finally turned around, I saw this guy behind me with an erection,” Deepa said.

-quoted from The Star Online, Metro Central, Wednesday January 16, 2008
You can read more of that article
here.


My aunt was just talking about it the night before this article came out. It’s actually the main article of today’s Star Metro so you can’t miss it. According to The Star Online, a lady posted the detailed descriptions of two perverts on her blog. I checked it out and here’s the link .

Beware everyone, and be alert!

You know how bad the trains are:


It’s this bad.

One suggestion came up when I was discussing it with people: If things got really bad and more cases happened, what if we had separate coaches for males and females? Just a thought. I’m thinking of suggesting it by writing to The Star.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doubt it'll ever work. Fyi, sometimes, there are more men than ladies on the train.

what you can suggest to Star is that; Women, please wear clothes that do not reveals! or that's tight or that needs little imagination to see you naked! =.=

If you still insist to look "good" for your boss or colleague, be street smart and know how to look out for perverts. Or else I strongly suggest find an alternative. However also, there are sick people Everywhere.

- l e s l e y* - said...

Gadiy: Hey you know you should have checked out that link I gave; the one a blog. Then you'll know they don't target women just based on what they wear. They target based on ethinicity too.

"However also, there are sick people Everywhere."
So? What do you mean? Just 'cos there are doesn't mean we don't do anything about them.

Anyways, I'll still suggest it. One of my friends said I should and I think a suggestion is a suggestion la. Maybe someone with the power to do something about this would think it's a good idea. You never know =).

Anonymous said...

Gadiy darling.... I know what you’re trying to say. BUT, it's like telling a rape victim it's her fault for dressing "seductively". that word is so subjective. I mean some guys think the earlobe is sensual.
Basically, in my opinion, both parties have a part to play.

Girls: cover up your
Butt
Boobs and
Belly
AND be smart.

Guys: control yourselves *down boy…* AHAHAHAHAHA heehee

Oh yeah and Gadiy, y’know I read that A LOT of rape victims have this guilt trip thinking that the fact they were raped is their fault. It is a LIE that the devil tells them. He makes them feel dirty and guilty for what happened. So have a lil compassion (: